Feeling a bit bored this summer? Well, here are some of the best movies we have seen so far, some of them sequels of really fun first rounds. Catch them if you can!
1) Remember the legendary Ocean’s 11? Well here is Ocean’s 8, the story of some truly brilliant women trying to pull off one of the biggest ‘cons’ ever. Their target is the Met Gala in New York City, and a Cartier diamond necklace, the ‘Toussaint’ worth 150 million dollars. With a cast that includes Sandra Bullock, Kate Winslet, Anne Hathaway and Rihanna, this movie is sure to blow your mind!
It’s rated PG-13. Take a look…
2) We love Incredibles 2, the sequel to one of our favourite movies of all time, The Incredibles. This time, Helen, the mother of this family of superheroes, is in the spotlight. With a new villainous mastermind at work, the family has to learn to work together once more.
3) Another fabulous sequel with big boots to fill, is Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom. The movie features Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard along with other notable actors, and describes their return to the park, this time to save the dinosaurs. It is an excellent movie and is definitely a must watch, for both returning fans and for newcomers to this series. You do not have to have seen the first one to watch this. Be prepared for non-stop action though, from the minute it starts to the minute your quavering legs wobble out of the theatre!
4) Solo: A Star Wars Story. This episode of the great Star Wars saga features the story of a young Han Solo paired up with his epic sidekick, the brawny, crossbow-toting Chewbacca. For all Star Wars fans, this movie is just what we have been waiting for.
5) Avengers- Infinity War. This movie is by far one of the coolest movies that came out this summer. It features so many great actors and more importantly, almost all of the prominent superheroes in Marvel history. The Avengers and their allies fight in a war against Titan, ‘Thanos’ to stop him from gaining all 5 infinity stones.
So if you missed them the first time around, be sure to catch these on Netflix or iTunes and do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think!
Written by: Ananya Radhakrishnan. Ananya is an aspiring cellist who likes reading, swimming and eating pizza in her free time.